Looking for a high protein, vegetarian lunch? Try my power packed lunch for today:
I can hardly be called punctual when it comes to posting on my blog. Today is different, however. I was so embarrassed to not have begun my using my Instagram account ever since I created it about 2 months ago! I am an “internet and 10 MP camera” kind of a person. I have probably never used a Mobile App and never taken a picture from my mobile (except of my kids, sometimes). But instagram, although online, is practically useless if you try to log in online. You can do nothing more than see a picture someone posted the URL of, on twitter. For everything else, you need to access the mobile app. What you see above, is my first pic on instagram.
The recipe is pretty simple and packs a lot of energy for moms with highly energetic kids and a need to cut empty calories from their diet. To make the soya chunks rice, you will need:
- 1 cup Soya Chunks, boiled, drained and rinsed as per instructions
- 1/2 cup frozen corn and peas, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tbsp of Chinese Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
The procedure is fairly easy.
1. Saute the veggies in olive oil.
2. Add the drained soya chunks and cook for a while.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the Chinese Chilli sauce and cook covered till the veggies and chunks all get coated in the sauce evenly.
5. Finally, add the rice and mix well.
6. Switch off the gas, cover and let stand for 5 mins. Serve hot!